An African Adventure!



A crazy missionary story, sovereignly planned by God


Hi! My name is Nina and I am going to tell you a crazy story!

In the summer of 2018, my church was going to send a team to Uganda to visit our missionaries at SOS Ministries.  I wanted to go too, so I asked my Dad and Mom. It was decided that I would not go that year, but maybe another time, because my baby brother’s due date was about that time. Also around that time I had told Mr. C. (our neighbor and friend from church), who was the leader of the trip to Uganda, that I wanted to go on a missions trip.  He told me, “Nina, I know that God will bless your desire for missions.” He was right! On my birthday in October, 2018 I received permission to go on the 2019 summer missions trip to Uganda! But in November of 2018 my Dad got a call and was asked to become a missionary to Uganda. After this things rapidly began to happen.  We were accepted as missionaries by the SOS Board, and then by our own church elder board! Now we are raising financial support. Please pray for me and my family as we are going through this time that the Lord has called us to move to the other side of the world. Please pray for us always as we will have to adjust to a new home and friends. Please also pray for me and my Dad when we travel to Uganda March 1-13.  We are going to learn all we can while we are there!  I want to come back and tell my siblings what it’s really like to be kids in Africa!  Thank you for praying for us!

Love,
Nina
Age 11

Comments

  1. I love your sweet heart, Nina! You will be in our hearts and prayers on this missionary journey to Uganda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet and crazy story! Our family is sad that you’ll be leaving but we are so thrilled with what the Lord is doing in your lives. We are praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment